- Never add fuel to a portable heater that is turned on or still hot;
the fuel could explode into flames.
- Never run the heater's cord under a carpet, rug or furniture. This
could cause the cord to overheat and start a fire.
- Keep flammable materials - including bedding, clothing, draperies,
rugs and furniture - at least three feet away from the heater,
even if your space heater has safety features such as cut-off
switches or heating element guards.
- Don't use space heater in rooms where children are unsupervised,
and might poke fingers or other objects throught the heater's
protective guards. Even the slightest contact with a heating
coil or element can cause a severe shock, burn or fire.
- Never leave space heaters on while you're sleeping.