Smoking and Matches
- Smoking is still the leading cause of deadly home fires.
Never smoke in bed or when you are drowsy.
- Never empty ashtrays into the trash can shortly after
smoking. Wait several hours for the smoldering
embers to completely extinguish themselves.
- Thoroughly check both sides of your couch and chair
cushions for dropped ashes.
- If a cushion or couch has been burned or scorched, put it
outside away from the house overnight and call the
- Never smoke or light matches near flammable materials.
- Teach children the danger of palying with matches. Keep matches
out of children's reach.