Home Fire Safey Quiz -- Do you know how to help
prevent home fires?
True or False
- Smoke detectors that are 10 years old or older should
- Don't keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
- Trim tree branches back at least 10 inches from your chimney.
- Never run an extension cord under a rug or carpet.
- Keep flammable materials at least three feet away from heaters.
- If a fire starts in a stove-top pan, pour cold water in the pan.
- Empty ashtrays into a garbage can immediately after smoking.
- Make sure your clothes dryer vent does not discharge into a crawl space, attic, gaarage or chimney.
- If flames appear on the outside of your kerosene heater cabinet, do not attempt to move the heater.
- Always sleep with the bedroom doors open.
- In case of fire, crawl through the house to the nearest safe exit.
- If your clothes are on fire, stop running, drop to the ground and roll.
- If your skin is burned, rub butter on the affected area.
- New wood is better than old wood in wood-burning stoves.
- Keep furnace clear of all combustible materials.
- Halogen bulbs burn much hotter than incandescent bulbs.
Answers:1.True, 2.False, 3.False, 4.True, 5.True,
6.False, 7.False, 8.True, 9.True, 10.False, 11.True, 12.True, 13.False,
14.False, 15.True, 16.True