Stuarts Draft Volunteer Fire Co.

Kitchen Safety

  • If a fire starts in a stove-top pan, cover it with a lid and turn off the heat source.

  • If a fire is burning in your oven, keep the door closed and call your fire department.

  • Keep motors on refigerators and other appliances clean. Oil or dirt build-up on electirc motors can make the motor overheat.

  • Never leave food, especially grease, unatttended on the stove.

  • Turn pot and pan handles inward so children won't pull them down from the stove.

  • Keep a fire extinguisher near the stove - one that can be used for grease or electrical fires.