- If a fire starts in a stove-top pan, cover it with a lid and
turn off the heat source.
- If a fire is burning in your oven, keep the door closed
and call your fire department.
- Keep motors on refigerators and other appliances clean.
Oil or dirt build-up on electirc motors can make the motor
- Never leave food, especially grease, unatttended on the stove.
- Turn pot and pan handles inward so children won't pull them down from the stove.
- Keep a fire extinguisher near the stove - one that can be used for grease
or electrical fires.