In Case of Fire
- Keep low to the ground, because heat and smoke rise.
Crawl on your hands and knees to get out of the
- Before opening any doors, check the door's temperature
with the back of your hand. If the door is warm,
fire and smoke are likely to be on the other side.
Use an alternate exit out of the room.
- Be sure to close any windows before opening a door,
and close all doors behind you as you leave.
This helps suffocate and slow the spread of fire.
- Get out of the house. Don't take any chances. Follow
your escape plan and make sure everyone is out.
- Once you are safely out of the house, go to your planned
meeting place and stay there. Let firefighters know
immediately if someone is missing. Make sure no one returns
for pets, toys or valuables.